Live from The Wool Room, the gentlestitches Awards!
7 Random facts about me.
1. I love music especially live music and I love the way it transcends all barriers because we all read notes in the same language.
2. I love reading books and it fascinates me that from the first stories ever told, humans were grappling with the same problems we find ourselves with today.
3.I love cake and all things sweet and wonder why foods that are so good for me couldn’t have made a bigger effort to taste better.
4. I live in a converted miners cottage with a spiral staircase that leads to my own little quarters and overlooks my much loved garden.
5 I would like to visit King Ashurbanipal’s library when it is opened for visitors.
6. I have been blessed with the most wonderful friends in the world and friends to me are the true meaning of happiness.
7. I would love to take my 12-year-old dear son to Japan one day.
Thank you so much!
The nominees for this award are as follows.
Next from Ellyn Baker comes the very prestigious Very Inspiring Blog Award.
This award goes to
and to finish it off a big thank you to A Quiet Riot for the Liebster Award.
Here are the questions and answers.
Questions for Nominees
- What was the first thing you ever crocheted? It was an orange amigurumi duck. Fair Dinkum!
- What is your favorite type of food? Chickpeas!
- Who is your favorite band/singer? So many but I REALLY love Winifred Atwell
- Summer or Winter? Love em both. Give me more!
- What is the main purpose of your blog? To promote my classes and wares, but how was I to know it would turn into fun and friendship?
- When not blogging, what are some of your favorite websites to visit/hang out at? You will see a few of them on this very award page as we now write (or rather read)
- Favorite smell? Freshly laundered linen.
- You have £100 to do with as you wish. What do you spend it on? Comics, books ,art materials and perhaps a CD or 2.
- If you could go back in time and talk to anyone from the history books, who would you choose and why? I would like to speak to Jesus Christ because he taught love is the answer and everyone matters.
- What makes you laugh? Stuff that’s funny. 🙂
- What is your favorite memory? Visiting the Melbourne Museum with my Uncle Geoff and then going on to take my own young people as an adult.
Whew! roll back up the red carpet, I am having a nice cup of tea and a rock cake after all that!