Extreme Yarn Bombing

My friend sent me these photos that were featured in a magazine called Mental Floss.  Some examples of yarn bombing that have been “taken up a notch”. Tell me if you have seen any extreme examples where you live or not.tankMy favourite.  A tank!Picture4A bicycle!Picture7You might prefer a motorbike!Picture3Perhaps you would rather take the bus?Picture6Or even better, how about a caravan?Picture5Perhaps travel by boat is more your style!Picture9and to finish off, a nice walk through the knitted forest. Be careful where you step though. Where there is a knitted forest there could be knitted wooly mammoths!

for full photo credits click here

About gentlestitches

The future is in our hands.
This entry was posted in reblogged and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Extreme Yarn Bombing

1. dogfordavid says:

These are soooo AWESOME! :D :D :D I love them ALL but my favorites have to be the bicycle, bus, and trees :D Oh and can’t forget that caravan/camper thing!

2. queenbethie says:

I LOVE the motorbike and the tank! All of these are amazing, I cannot imagine the hours it took for someone to do these. I am sadly not a knitter or crocheter, but would love to learn. I have attempted to several times through YouTube tutorials and beginner books but find I learn better by having someone instruct me in person. I hope to meet a prospective and patient teacher one day, until then I enjoy seeing what others are doing. Your bee is fabulous! Do you do custom orders or have your own shop on etsy, etc? I just discovered your blog and find it quite enjoyable. 🌷🐱

• thanks for commenting queenbethie. I am in the throes of setting up a ravelry page at the moment and yes I do custom orders. The bee was for an author who wanted it for her gravatar.
      I also do the odd bit of work for fairs and places like my son’s school. :)

3. Winter Owls says:

Oooh, I really like the caravan…..

4. HaHa! Thats what this world needs! More “tank cosies!” :)

5. pishnguyen says:

Wow … those were amazing. I can’t even imagine how much yarn and how much time it would take to make a “tank cozy”. o.o

6. Thank you. I love it too! :)

7. :-) love the motorbike! :-)

8. Austin, Texas sounds like an amazing place to be. History and art and of course music. The art festivals sound wonderful and I agree, one just can’t be too careful.:)

9. I love all of these! Our city (Austin, TX) gets yarn bombed every year as part of one of our city-wide art festivals. I absolutely love it! So great to turn a corner and see a mailbox, a light post, etc. decked out in knitted fabulousness! (And I am ALWAYS careful and on the lookout for wooly mammoths! ;-) )
    Kenley

10. mskatykins says:

These are superb! I haven’t seen anything like this (extreme or otherwise!) in Glasgow or Scotland

11. Anonymous says:

Not to mention wooly mammoth poos!!!

12. Thank you. Glad you liked it. Make blankets not bombs!! :)

13. Oh my! That tank would stop all war in its tracks! How could anyone remain mad seeing that on the battlefield? I like the bicycle the best, however! It is one of the best uses of rainbow colors I have ever seen!

14. Anonymous says:

great stuff we are into yarn bombing here in Warburton

15. Thank you. They are are amazing aren’t they?

16. Some great examples!

Thank you for leaving a comment.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s