Extreme Yarn Bombing

My friend sent me these photos that were featured in a magazine called Mental Floss.  Some examples of yarn bombing that have been “taken up a notch”. Tell me if you have seen any extreme examples where you live or not.tankMy favourite.  A tank!Picture4A bicycle!Picture7You might prefer a motorbike!Picture3Perhaps you would rather take the bus?Picture6Or even better, how about a caravan?Picture5Perhaps travel by boat is more your style!Picture9and to finish off, a nice walk through the knitted forest. Be careful where you step though. Where there is a knitted forest there could be knitted wooly mammoths!

for full photo credits click here

About gentlestitches

The future is in our hands.
This entry was posted in reblogged and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Extreme Yarn Bombing

1. dogfordavid says:

These are soooo AWESOME! :D :D :D I love them ALL but my favorites have to be the bicycle, bus, and trees :D Oh and can’t forget that caravan/camper thing!

2. queenbethie says:

I LOVE the motorbike and the tank! All of these are amazing, I cannot imagine the hours it took for someone to do these. I am sadly not a knitter or crocheter, but would love to learn. I have attempted to several times through YouTube tutorials and beginner books but find I learn better by having someone instruct me in person. I hope to meet a prospective and patient teacher one day, until then I enjoy seeing what others are doing. Your bee is fabulous! Do you do custom orders or have your own shop on etsy, etc? I just discovered your blog and find it quite enjoyable. 🌷🐱

• thanks for commenting queenbethie. I am in the throes of setting up a ravelry page at the moment and yes I do custom orders. The bee was for an author who wanted it for her gravatar.
      I also do the odd bit of work for fairs and places like my son’s school. :)

3. Winter Owls says:

Oooh, I really like the caravan…..

4. HaHa! Thats what this world needs! More “tank cosies!” :)

5. pishnguyen says:

Wow … those were amazing. I can’t even imagine how much yarn and how much time it would take to make a “tank cozy”. o.o

6. Thank you. I love it too! :)

7. :-) love the motorbike! :-)

8. Austin, Texas sounds like an amazing place to be. History and art and of course music. The art festivals sound wonderful and I agree, one just can’t be too careful.:)

9. I love all of these! Our city (Austin, TX) gets yarn bombed every year as part of one of our city-wide art festivals. I absolutely love it! So great to turn a corner and see a mailbox, a light post, etc. decked out in knitted fabulousness! (And I am ALWAYS careful and on the lookout for wooly mammoths! ;-) )
    Kenley

10. mskatykins says:

These are superb! I haven’t seen anything like this (extreme or otherwise!) in Glasgow or Scotland

11. Anonymous says:

Not to mention wooly mammoth poos!!!

12. Thank you. Glad you liked it. Make blankets not bombs!! :)

13. Oh my! That tank would stop all war in its tracks! How could anyone remain mad seeing that on the battlefield? I like the bicycle the best, however! It is one of the best uses of rainbow colors I have ever seen!

14. Anonymous says:

great stuff we are into yarn bombing here in Warburton

15. Thank you. They are are amazing aren’t they?

16. Some great examples!

talk to me people!

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s