Knitting Hearts

The Lovey-Dovey Edition Logo

It’s the “Lovey-Dovey” edition hosted by Cobwebs, Cupcakes and Crayons! To celebrate I have been knitting these little hearts.

knitting hearts

The pattern for them will be posted on Valentines Day if you would like to knit one.

I knitted these for my dear Mother who has been very ill and although recovering, she faces a lengthy convalescence . To aid her recovery I put together this little bag of love.

bag of hearts

The suggestion is if she feels down or a bit sad she can put her hand into the bag of love and pull out a hand knitted heart filled with my love. The bag was hand felted by Anna Branford and I purchased it at this fete. The cards were also made by her and bought from the same place. The hearts were of course knitted by me and I love to give them to people  when I feel words don’t do it. They are very versatile and work their magic in every situation imaginable. No one can have too much love. So knit your self some little hearts and share the love.  Don’t forget to keep at least one for your self. XOXOX.

click on the links below for more Lovey-Dovey fun.

I Love You More Than… – (Cobwebs, Cupcakes & Crayons)
Heart To Heart – (Pillows A-La-Mode)
Top Ten Romantic Movies of All Time – (The Thinking Closet)
DIY Heart T-Shirt – (NorthStory)
[DIY] 12 Pre-Planned Date Cards – (Inspire and Indulge)
The Love Letters – (Mrs. And The Misc.)
Valentine’s Day Bon Bon’s – (Happy Little Kiwi)
Lovey Dovey School Lunch Ideas – (Time With Thea)
Loving These Products – (Neaten Your Nest)
Kniting Hearts – (Gentle Stitches)
A little Lovie magic – (The Thing About Joan)
Give a Fortune of Love-(Green Door Hospitality)
Sending hugs – (Cul de Sac)
Will You Be My Valentine? – (A Ponytail Kind Of Day)

About gentlestitches

The future is in our hands.
This entry was posted in collectively creative and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Knitting Hearts

1. HaHa. Sometimes craft “mistakes” turn out to be really good ideas!

2. dogfordavid says:

Two things.

1) My prayers and thoughts are with your Mum and I hope she is able to feel and get better as soon as possible ((hugs))

2) I love those hearts! Any chance it’s something I can learn to make too?? Even with my limited skills? Which reminds me, I never remembered to put up my latest knitting pictures. lol I will try to do that as soon as I can. can’t wait for you to see them. :) I just kept making long chains though lol and at one point my dang chain started twisting. haha It looked cool, but it wasn’t anything I meant to do. lol

3. The hearts are so adorable, thanks for sharing. I will pray that your mother feels better soon.

4. Thank you so much. Your comment will also help her.

5. I hope and pray that your mother makes a quick recovery!! I’m sure those cute hearts will bring a smile to her face :)

6. This is incredibly sweet! I send good recovering thoughts to your Mom!

7. Thank you. The stamp is great isn’t it.?

8. Curls & Q says:

Q – Quite lovely! I know your mom will feel better every time she looks at them and thinks of you! BTW – love the bird stamp!

9. HaHa. Thank you Thea, I heart that you commented! :)

10. Time With Thea says:

I so admire your knitting talents! What a ‘hearty’ idea (excuse the pun). ~Thea

11. Sweet idea! I would totally make these into little hair pin decorations!

12. Winter Owls says:

What a beautiful gift to show your mum how much you love her………..
    I’m sure she’s very lucky to have a daughter like you. :)

13. You’re right that sometimes words don’t suffice! I love the reminder to experience things through touch…it does speak volumes!

Glad to be a part of Collectively Creative for the first time this month. What a fun event!

14. gentlestitches says:
  15. Anonymous says:

I received one of your lovely hearts and it makes me smile whenever i see it. :)

16. Ok great, now I need to learn to knit on top of the non-existent sewing. Super cute!!

17. Thank you. This is bound to cheer her. :)

18. Love the little bag and the hearts! Such a wonderful idea! Hope your mom is feeling better soon!

19. anna says:

ps Also delighted you will be posting the pattern soon – I can’t wait to try it!

20. anna says:

These hearts are just beautiful Sharon. I hope they do the trick with your mum and give her the feeling of being completely surrounded by love. They look so sweet with their pouch and card too – thanks so much for the link. Now I’m off to look at the rest of your gorgeous list of links!

21. I LOVE them! Hugs to you and your mom! :)

22. Leah says:

I love these! They can be used for so many different projects – magnets, sewn on shirts, attached to a bag, etc!

23. These are so cute! So sorry to hear about your mom — positive thoughts being sent to your whole family!
    Kenley

24. I am so sorry to hear that your mother is ill. What a beautiful reminder to her of how much she is loved…Thank you so much for sharing this as part of this month’s Collectively Creative.

25. mskatykins says:

How lovely! Will they be easy enough for someone like me (who can only knit scarves, pretty poorly) to do? :)

• Yes. They are very easy. The “trick”is the double pointed needles. I know some people run shrieking from DPNs but they really do make it so much easier and you only have a few stitches to work with. Also scarves are fab and can lift any outfit sometimes more than a whole sweater! :)

talk to me people!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s