An award.

unisex apronI love this. It was sent to me by my Aunt Joy by a “catty” friend of hers and I love the way this old shirt gets another life as a unisex apron instead of ending in landfill.

I also love the fact that I have been nominated for an award! It was sent to me by Sakshivashist  who is a gifted poet. I have always enjoyed poetry and it amazes me how a poet can conjure up a mood, emotion, idea by using just a few well chosen words where other people (like myself) might need a few hundred. Sakshivashist is like that and her poems, even the sad ones always make me feel happier for reading them.

I would like to nominate the following 2 blogs.

Mitten’s Kittens Blog. Here is a gold star from your gentlestitches Aunt. Keep writing and well done on being featured on Freshly Pressed.

dogfordavid. For conduct above and beyond the call of duty. Mothers don’t get a lot of kudos but here is some. I hope you will always find the time and space to keep making lovely things with your hands.

It was hard to choose because the only bloggers I follow are awesome and I wanted to choose every one but I have done it ! Click on the link below.

:http://thirdeyemom.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/boty-1star3.jpg?w=800

Next time will be about the (drum roll) “red glove”glove

About gentlestitches

The future is in our hands.
This entry was posted in creating and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to An award.

1. dogfordavid says:

Did you see my post for the award yet? Your one of my choices to pass it on too : )

2. Pingback: Wow, another award :) « An Autism Diary

3. Dylan says:

Niiiiiice

4. anna1975 says:

Ooh congratulations! And I too love the apron idea – genius.

5. dogfordavid says:

wow… thank-you so much. : ) I truly appreciate this. : )

I also love that apron idea by the way. : )

6. cookiemomma says:

I LOVE the shirt apron, my mom had one of those when I was younger and I always thought it was so funny! :)

7. Thank you. People really are coming up with some great ideas to reduce, recycle and reuse. I wonder how the boys would look in an apron? Pretty cute I reckon.

8. mskatykins says:

Fabulous! Congratulations, very exciting! And I LOVE the apron idea. There really is so much that we can do if we just use our creativity. Love it! :)